Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jones joins Rea and Pitt at Donington Park


Parkalgar Honda's Craig Jones will be joining fellow World Supersport Championship racers Jonathan Rea and Andrew Pitt on the grid at Donington Park next weekend (24/25/26 May), when they will be taking on the regulars of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship.

Jones, the leading Brit in the World Supersport Championship, is eager to return to the track, having taken a win in the Supersport class there before, back in 2004.

Jones said: "It will be a relaxing and enjoyable meeting for me at Donington Park. The whole idea is to give Parkalgar Honda a race-test in advance of the World Championship round at the same circuit later in the year. Saying that, getting back to the British paddock and on a track I love, I am sure I'll be giving it my all. That goes double now we know that Andrew Pitt and Johnny Rea will be wildcarding at the same event - I suspect it will be World Championship pace from start to finish."

Jones may have broken his left hand in a crash at the last round at Monza, but he is confident he will be almost back to full fitness in time for next weekend: "My hand was broken but I was able to race last weekend and still finish sixth. I have been resting and healing since then and don't expect it to pose any problems at Donington Park. In truth, I am really looking forward to racing in front of the British fans again; this is a real bonus for me and the whole team."

Parkalgar Honda Team Manager Simon Buckmaster added: "The whole idea behind attending the Donington Park round is to give us data and settings for when we return to the track in September for the World Championship round. But on top of that, we are a British-based team and we enjoy racing as well, so while there is a serious angle for the World Championship, we will also be going for the win. It's going to be great to be racing in front of the UK fans; the fact is they are the best in the world."

1 comment:

Банскалии в ПОВЕЧЕ said...

Jones joins Rea and Pitt at Donington Park