Friday, August 15, 2008

Harris: "Qualifying will mix it up"


Karl Harris is counting down the days until the Cadwell Park round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship as he can't wait to be let loose on the Rob Mac Yamaha at his favourite circuit on the whole calendar.

Harris told the BSB website: "Cadwell Park is one of my favourite tracks and it is completely different from anywhere else in the world. It is fantastic with fast, flowing corners and so many different overtaking places; Park Straight, Hall Bends and you can pull a move into the Esses before the Mountain to name a few. The Mountain definitely is my favourite part of any circuit and I always try to entertain the fans there by launching it in the air. I just love it!"

"I am looking for a good result next weekend, especially after getting a podium at Knockhill. Of course it would be great to go even better but we will have to wait and see. We have done a fair bit of testing there already this year, so we already have a good set-up."

'Bomber' is also ready to take on the new Swan Combi 50 Roll for Pole qualifying system that comes in to effect for the first time next weekend.

"The new qualifying system should certainly make it more interesting on Sunday, who knows how it will go?" said Harris. "In qualifying I always go out pushing from the word go as you never know what will happen on track later in the session so I think I should be ok in that respect. If someone goes down in one of the first sessions that could be it all over for them for qualifying if they haven't done a decent lap time and it could happen to any of the top guys. I think it should mix it up a bit!

No comments: