Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Camier on race win and looking ahead to Mallory Park


Airwaves Ducati's Leon Camier is relieved to have got his first Bennetts British Superbike Championship race win and is now continuing to train hard ahead of the next round at Mallory Park in just under two weeks time (27/28/29 June).

Camier has been consistent throughout the season, scoring points at every round including four podiums and a win which elevated him to second in the championship standings after Round Five at Snetterton last weekend.

Camier said: "I am obviously mega happy to get the win and get it over and done with! I was strong at the start of last season before my crash and it is nice to back to where I could have been earlier on this year had it not been for injury. I didn't really celebrate afterwards; we just went out for dinner with Shakey on Sunday evening. I am now going to continue with the training between now and Mallory Park with the cycling and just general strength building."

"We will see how it goes at Mallory Park, I think it might be a difficult weekend as the circuit is very stop then go, whereas the Ducatis favour flowing circuits. But in saying that we thought it was going to be difficult at Snetterton and then it turned out to be a really good weekend for Airwaves Ducati. We just need to stay consistent; if we can push for the win then I will go for it otherwise it best to just get the results."

No comments: