Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Easton’s biggest crash


MSS Discovery Kawasaki's Stuart Easton will be watching today's Bennetts British Superbike Championship races from the sidelines after his high-speed crash yesterday left him with a broken right wrist.

Easton said: "That was the biggest crash of my life down at The Esses yesterday. When the bike went down the data logging said I was doing 130mph and I would have been going faster before that. I went across the grass, across the circuit then back on the grass again and ended up by the tyre wall. To be honest it was all over before I knew it and I was luck to get away with just a broken wrist."

"The BSB medical team here did a great job and Toby Branfoot was able to manipulate it so it is back in the right place. I have a splint but hopefully it won't need an operation to fix. If it is back to normal before Oulton Park then I will be back then, otherwise I will wait until my home round at Knockhill to come back."

No comments: