Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ellison wants better at Mallory Park


Hydrex Bike Animal Honda rider James Ellison saw his hopes of another podium finish disappear at Snetterton but he is confident that he has the pace to be back at the sharp end of the field at Mallory Park in two weeks time (26/27/28 June).

Ellison was hampered at the weekend by a row three start following qualifying and ended race one in seventh, then in race two a problem with the rear tyre saw him finish tenth.

Ellison said: "I was hoping to make up for seventh in the first race with a good result in the second but it didn't quite go to plan. Qualifying really messed the whole weekend up for me. The bike's got the pace and I've got the pace and I should have been running with the top three guys. I was just too far back on the grid and gave myself a lot of hard work with a row three start. In the second race the bike felt pretty good on the warm up lap, but then in the race the tyre was just spinning up along the back straight and I couldn't get any drive. I'm just disappointed as I wanted to get a result for the team, Shaun Muir and Hydrex Bike Animal Honda but we'll try again at Mallory Park."

No comments: